www.lalamoon.co.uk

coming soon online boutique...

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Fabulous Formentera









I adore Spain and in particular Andalusia... I love the Moorish influence and I will never tire of exploring the tiny villages hidden inland...

If I can tear myself away from Andalusia I would love to adventure over to the tiny island of Formentera which is off the coast of Ibiza....Until now, it has been the well kept secret of those who prefer a more relaxed and altogether bohemian experience in contrast to the hedonism MAX of Ibiza.

I am loving the sympathetic and simple details that have gone into the layout and interior design of these houses in Formentera. The white washed walls is something found often in Andalusia but the difference in Formentera is the combination of the white washed walls with the terracotta - it works!

The simple but effective way of creating seating areas and storage/shelving out of natural materials I adore too, with the use of bright throws, rugs etc create warm and wonderful finishing touches.

Images taken from the superlative style files. The majority of the images have been taken by Jordi Canosa a photographer from Barcelona.

No comments:

Post a Comment