www.lalamoon.co.uk

coming soon online boutique...

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

wish list...





I wait in anticipation for news from my man on the ground in Jaipur, ref. the block prints I have designed.. will they work? can my ideas translate from the drawing board to reality ok??
There is a limit to what I can do via the internet and telephone and sadly, it wont be until I am in India in May that I will really know and can get to work...
I have spent hours researching block print textiles and in the process have come across some amazing designers. One of my current favorites in Mary Mulcahy and her company Les Indiennes .

Les Indiennes range of textiles, soft furnishings and wallpapers are created using the ancient art of Kalamakari. Sun bleached naturally dyed cottons are hand-blocked with carved wood dyed in ayurvedic dyes derived from plants, roots, earth and rock.
One of things that I applaud is that Les Indiennes has never set out to industrialise or change the ways things are done in India. Les Indiennes provide fair trade employment for 50 families, raising the standard of living for the entire community.

Be inspired by the images.
Her website is thorough with a great on-line shop. For now I can only refer you but with time I hope to be able to source everything for you!
My dream is that one day Lala Moon will be able to give Les Indiennes and the like a run for their money... Yet I will remain indebted to them for giving me the inspiration and vision for moving forward with my ideas... Thank YOU!

www.lesindiennes.com (USA with shipping)

No comments:

Post a Comment