www.lalamoon.co.uk

coming soon online boutique...

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

the story so far....


Jaipur, India has been my first port of call, thanks to nothing more than a stroke of luck really - I have found a great guy who has been able to help turn an idea of mine into reality and so La La Moon was born.
In Dec 09, I decided (literally just like that!) that I would like to source and sell boho hareem pants, skirts, scarves, bags, the list goes on in Punta del Este, Uruguay...
Why Uruguay you ask? Well, having seen similar things being sold on the beaches of Sardina last summer I thought that Punta del Este, with it's current status as a 'hip destination' would be an ideal place to sell such things.
My first experience was too good to be true...I sold everything in the space of 5 mins of trying, to a wholesaler on a beach in Jose Ignacio.
My initial idea of living out the whole of Jan sitting on a beach in Uruguay selling a couple of skirts each day never materialised... and well, I am now onto stage 2 of the plan, and eagerly awaiting my next shipment from Jaipur.. At the same time, I am working on the website and strategy for going forward. Exciting times!
Initially, La La Moon will be web based and it will be a platform through which I sell the beautiful things I am busy designing and will produce in India. There will be the baby range, the accessories range, household interior goodies and lots more.. and then to complement this, I envisage selling other beautiful and unique things I have found and will find on my travels. I would like to bring Fiona's world to you, to share with you and to inspire....


No comments:

Post a Comment