www.lalamoon.co.uk

coming soon online boutique...

Monday, March 22, 2010

ideas...shelving



floor to ceiling shelving

mixture of books and other display items

shelving on all walls

Books are not made for furniture, but there is nothing else that so beautifully furnishes a house. ~Henry Ward Beecher

I love books yet, my reading style could be deemed rather sporadic - glued to a book sometimes and at other times I go for months without opening one...
Yet...regardless of whether I am opening the books I absolutely adore having shelves full of them and I think they create a great and interesting feature in any home. Book cases always draw peoples attention and are a great conversation starter.

A lot depends on how you fill the shelves and an eye for design is vital if you don't want the space to come across as overly cluttered.
For a lighter softer touch perhaps counter balance books with other objects.
Or to create a more dramatic feature consider perhaps floor to ceiling shelving - although you'll need to be quite a book-worm to fill the space!

Here are some images to get you inspired by shelving - I must admit shelving doesn't sound the most exciting of terms but believe me when done well it MAKES a space.

Images taken from interiordivine and roseland green 2 x great blog I have just discovered.


No comments:

Post a Comment